“I firmly believe you are on to something great and in the process reinventing how people learn to improvise.”-Dr. Rodney Brim
Psychologist, Performance Improvement Executive, and Trombonist
The circle of fifths provides us with a visually intuitive understanding of the 12 keys, both major and minor. It gives us important clues into the foundation of western music and why certain combinations of notes lead naturally to others and less so to others.
Circle of Fifths Savvy shows you how to use the circle to uncover the relationship of chords and by doing so, unlock some of the mystery of improvising over jazz changes.
With this course, you will receive access to two videos (part one and part two), a companion eBook, and sound files. The combination of these powerful tools will give you:
- An understanding of the structure of the circle and why you should care
- Jazz patterns that strengthen your ability to move easily around the circle
- Rhythm tracks in multiple speeds allowing you to practice your facility with the circle
- Analysis of standard tunes and how to use the circle to improvise more easily over them
- Partial transcription of an improvised solo over a standard tune along with the space to learn by finishing the transcription
- An audio file of the solo over changes as well as one with the rhythm track of the chord changes
- A circle of fifths analysis of the standard tune’s changes and guidance as to how the circle helps you improvise well over the tune